seeing the world as poki sees it!

Saturday, September 29, 2007

God's Quiet Things - listen!

Mike and poki took a day trip to Heritage Handcraft Farm in nearby Elm Mott (Waco) poki had visited early in the summer, but Mike had not been there before. He was impressed with the wood workshop - a class on furniture finishing was in progress so he didn't stick around too long. poki of course was most impressed with the gardens by the GristMill because they attracted a large population of butterflies, mostly Queens I believe. We did see a couple of Monarch, but this place is well outside the migration path of the Monarch butterflies. It's almost time for that - will have to go visit our friends out in San Saba County to see the full effect of the migration!
I bought a children's book at The Barn (a gift shop at the farm) - probably will give it to my great nephew Blake someday, but for now, poki needs it. It is called "God's Quiet Things" and reminds us to recognize and take pleasure in the quiet things God has provided for us, the first thing on the list - the flight of the butterfly! I really love God's Quiet Things and try to dignify those things with my photographs. I have challenged myself to add a picture-a-day, beginning October 1 (we'll see if I can make good on that challenge! - this is a good start!) I have almost reached 13,000 on my Nikon camera, and have about 10,000 more pictures from my Sony, so I do have a lot to choose from.

No comments:

Post a Comment