seeing the world as poki sees it!

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Only 2 more days to wait ...

I'm really getting excited now! Monday night will be packing night for real (I've pre-packed twice to make sure the stuff is going to fit) I have to weigh the suitcase once it is full to make sure it comes in UNDER 50 pounds. My case weight in May was about 45, but I didn't have a heavy coat in it then! My wardrobe may suffer, but I think I may need that coat in Denver!

I practiced taking pictures with my wide-angle lens today (I've always had it and never really used it!) I will use it for wedding portraits! I also tried out the zoom lens, and the speedlite! They are now all safely packed and ready to head out to Denver.

For those who think Texas has no color in the Fall - the sumacs are going RED! We had one cold night (28 degree windchill) a couple of weeks ago and it started the coloring process! The Chinese Tallow in Mom's yard was tinged with red the last time I saw it (last Wednesday) Will check on that one tomorrow. Over the weekend I was in San Antonio (far North East SA) and there were some Cypress trees with a burst of color! Also, the Texas sage bush in my front yard has erupted into purple banks of flowers again, along with the purple lantana planted around it!

Check back for SNOW pictures later in the week!

poki

No comments:

Post a Comment