seeing the world as poki sees it!

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Going digital

Someone (Sue) asked me the other day at Bunco if I was completely "going digital" for my scrapbooking. My answer, I'm sure, sounded flippant - I said "It's the only way I get anything done!" And how true that statement has become. During the month of July, with the help of two on-line digital scrapbooking programs (scrapblog.com and smilebox.com) I have created
178 pages!

That should have had a drum roll behind it - since Mike threatened to not take us on Vacation '08 since my scrapbook from Vacation '07 had gotten up to about Day 4 and was sitting and languishing! I have been inspired by these two programs, but what I really want to do is create my own layouts. It is amazing how many designers are giving freebies of digital supplies - paper, embellishments, ribbon, etc. Everything you need to be the artist! I've spent some time collecting at various sites (two peas, digifree blog, ginger scraps blog) and organizing my collection so I can find what I have. I am also experimenting with colorizing! You will not believe how easy it is to change to color of a textured piece of paper, and shade it just exactly the way you want it to be! Give it a try in PhotoShop or Paint Shop Pro (that's my program of choice at the moment). If you still want to create your layouts with paper layers, create some digital components, or make some backgrounds (if you can print the size you need - my books have changed over to 8 x 8 or smaller, so that I can print my own backgrounds!)


Here is my first hand done - from collected elements - layout!


No comments:

Post a Comment