seeing the world as poki sees it!

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The Colors of WILD!

I created these layouts as background paper for my book "The colors of WILD!"  Each left hand page will have a stamped and hand colored image of the wildflower.  (bluebonnet, Indian Paintbrush, spiderwort, prickly poppy, and Indian blanket).  Right hand pages will have the same background photo without the text, and a mat for your personal photos of the specimen plants!  I hope to get the book completed by early next week.  When it is complete, I
will post the pages on my paper crafting blog


After I printed the pictures, I decided that the picture I had chosen for the title page printed WAY TOO DARK!  I lightened it, and printed again on both the matte photo paper I'm using in the book, and some glossy paper too, and decided it was still too dark, so I changed the photo!  I think this new one will make a much more dramatic cover page anyway!




I like this picture just as well, and since it was taken in FULL SUN, it prints much brighter in the book! 








I removed my original YELLOW page - I decided that I just had to call it RED instead since my favorite wildflower book classifies the Indian Blanket as a RED flower!!!!  So I had to re-create a YELLOW page too!

I changed the YELLOW PICTURE TOO!  This is my second YELLOW page!  It prints better!




No comments:

Post a Comment