seeing the world as poki sees it!

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Denver Botanic Gardens 6/1/2010

We visited the Denver Botanic Gardens yesterday - I've edited a few pictures so far.

The irises were in their splendor at the gardens.


This iris is such a unique color -  I have more pix to load later of the beautiful irises, I just haven't had time to edit them yet.



These lupines were large and lovely!  About 3 feet tall! I saw more of them on High Street when I took a walk before dinner last night.  Will load more pix soon!

I love waterlilies - DBG didn't have many.  There is a major construction project going on near their water lily pond, so the plant haven't been installed there.  But I found these in a small pond near the Sensory Garden.



There is a display of 20 Henry Moore sculptures in the garden this year.  This one was placed so beautifully to frame a waterfall fountain.  Jana and I were taking a rest on a bench in the shade when I took this photo.



I'm not sure what flower this is - but the coloration is gorgeous!

The morning glories were in their glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment