seeing the world as poki sees it!

Sunday, October 12, 2008

My latest photo shoot

On Thursday last week I drove out to visit my friends Pam & Lloyd in San Saba county. They always graciously share their butterfly garden with me ... they have loads of flowers and butterflies almost year round! I am always amazed when I get out there (I don't go often since a round trip is about 200 miles for me!) But I didn't want to miss the Monarch migration this year ...
The flowers were gorgeous as they always are. These passion flowers have completely taken over the fence around the garden!



Butterflies I saw: Monarchs and Queens


Eastern Tiger Swallowtails, both male

and female

and loads of others too! I did see and identify one other swallowtail but my picture is blurred and cannot be corrected (the butterfly was moving - imagine that!)

No comments:

Post a Comment