seeing the world as poki sees it!

Sunday, February 27, 2011

A Busy February at DSDI

Wow! What a busy month February has been - and exciting too!  I joined the RAZZ TEAM over at DSDI ... my job, leaving comments on layout posts.  I've done my best to make a comment on every layout that was posted over there.  Along with my regular Forum posts, and my layouts too, I have posted over 700 times at DSDI during February!  That's a WOW! (But, writing is not an issue for me ... right?)

Then, on Feb 22, I became one of 4 new PAPER SHAKERS at DSDI:  Creative Team members ... my job, designing layouts with kits from DSDI store for promotional purposes!  You've already seen one of my promotional layouts for Daphadilly Art.  The kit is called ETERNAL and it debuted on Friday, February 25.  It is currently on sale at DSDI for $4 for the bundle!  You can find the bundle  here  and check the gallery here  The Paper Shakers have done some beautiful work with ETERNAL already!

I have also worked with two other Designers in February!  (I know, I had to work fast since February was almost over when I got the job!)  Bonnie Blou Designs created a kit called COZY AND WARM, with the perfect color palette (AUTUMN COLORS) for so many of my recent photo ops! You can find it here at DSDI and don't forget to go see the gallery of layouts done by Paper Shakers for Bonnie Blou Designs.  (I'm sort of partial to Bonnie Blou since she's a TEXAS GIRL! - lives in Dallas area!)

 I just love the colors in her kit ... and have used it quite a lot!  Here are some of my favorite layouts I have done with Cozy and Warm


Digital Credits:  Bonnie Blou Designs COZY & WARM, Font - Porky's

Just a note ... the scalloped mat is made by me, not part of the kit, although I used a paper from the kit to make it! 



Digital Credits:  Bonnie Blou Designs COZY & WARM, Font - Honey Script

One of my favorite Wintertime shots of  "3rd  finger cove" where I live - taken from my friend Karen's back deck (around the corner from me)

Note:  tag is made by me, frame on photo is made by me, using colors from the color palette of the kit!




Digital Credits:  Bonnie Blou Designs COZY & WARM, Font - Cindy Loo Who

I did this layout for a Speed Scrap at DSDI hosted by the designer Bonnie Blou on February 13, 2011.  During the course of an hour, Bonnie left prompts in the chat room at DSDI ... this was my finished project and I'm really proud of it.  It shows lots of the papers and elements without too much clutter.  I like to keep it simple and smart!  Check out other layouts created for this Speed Scrap in the forum here.  I don't think you will have to register in order to read the Forum, but you might want to in order to participate ... it is a GREAT bunch of girls from ALL OVER THE WORLD!!!



So do you recognize my house?  This is an old photo, taken in May 2007.  I was pleased to see my cat PJ in the yard ... I miss him! 

Kit is Bonnie Blou Designs COZY & WARM Font is Traveling Typewriter. 

Note:  there's my scalloped template in use again.  I also made the overlay that says There's NO PLACE like HOME!  (And no, I wasn't channeling Dorothy that day!)

And here's one more - from our overnight trip to the Texas Hill Country in November - I ALMOST made it to the top of Enchanted Rock!!! (I will make it this Spring!!!!) and our visit to Lost Maples to see the final days of the AUTUMN COLOR! 



Digital Credit:  Bonnie Blou Designs COZY & WARM ... I started this one with a template from Jewel Goodwin, Mad Genius Designs but very quickly diverted away from her template.  I do love the rounded corners on the photos and the paper pieces!   Font is Traveling Typewriter again (It was February's FONT CHALLENGE at DSDI)

My third PINK LADY (that's what the Designers at DSDI are called) was CJoy2Day  - and her kit SPRING FOLLY is such a complete departure from my typical  choices.  But, it is good to challenge oneself, right?  The kit is available here  and be sure to check out the gallery too (I just discovered I still need to put my layout in her gallery ... it's a good thing I checked!)  Here's the previews:



and my layout ...

 

Digital Credits:  Cjoy2Day SPRING FOLLY, Font - porky's

Note:  the title was made with clipping mask and a paper from the collection, not from an alpha! 

The photos are from Zilker Park Kite Festival, March 14, 2010 - it is actually 3 photos which I attempted to make look like ONE!  I think it worked!










No comments:

Post a Comment