seeing the world as poki sees it!

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

More pix from the Butterfly Haus on Saturday

I had some time to edit tonight, and found a few more photos I really like from our trip to the Hill country last Saturday.
Frog 1 & Frog 2 had a great conversation, and a short ride with another "frog" in the Haus (that is the German spelling not a misspelling! - Fredericksburg is a GERMAN TOWN through and through!)

We definitely love our lantana in Texas - so do the butterflies! (My purple lantana is getting fuller everyday - will have to take a picture soon to post!)

This Monarch had me "chasing" him for about 20 minutes - and I never got a GREAT picture of him - he was flying around in the Meadow at Wildseed Farms, but seemed to really love these purple verbenas near the trail!

There were so many different species of Swallowtails in the Haus - they are so beautiful!

My Nikon P80 is currently registering 941 pictures taken since Christmas - I'm going to "celebrate" with #1000! I will post it!

poki



1 comment:

  1. Happy belated Birthday!
    I love your butterfly pictures, they are beautiful

    ReplyDelete