seeing the world as poki sees it!

Thursday, April 30, 2009

My first visit INSIDE the State Capitol

The Texas Capitol is a gorgeous building! Although I had visited the grounds of the Capitol when I lived in Austin back in the 1970's (the dark ages?) I had never been inside until I went with Killeen Retired Teachers' Assn to TRTA Rally Day - we were lobbying for a share of the state budget for the next two years since there has been in cost of living increase in our paychecks, but there has DEFINITELY been an increase in the cost of living!

I usually never stan on any "seal" in the floor of a building - out of respect for it! - but I made an exception for a short time on Rally Day to get this gorgeous photo of the inside of the rotunda at the Texas Capitol!



Our last point on the agenda for the day was a Press Conference on the South Steps of the Capitol building. I just had to take a photo of the building (along with lots of photos of the TRTA members and Legislators at the Press Conference - I took about 300 pictures that day!)


No comments:

Post a Comment