seeing the world as poki sees it!

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

My "dream" project

I've been wanting to create a strip layout of this photo of Turquoise Lake and Mt. Elbert for a long time.  I had seen a layout done by someone a long time ago, and just didn't want to cut and paste an actual photo this way.  I learned a trip last month to create transparency around an image, and I "dreamed up" that you could use the Pre-Set shapes in PSP X2.1 to create a clipping mask.  I had to get right up and come try it this morning.  And AMAZINGLY my idea worked.  It wasn't simple.  I drew rectangles on 5 different layers and merged them. Split the RGB channels to find the darkest one - BLUE, as usual.  Converted to negative image and layered it over the photo.  The time that it took - about an hour - was probably just because I'm a newbie!!!  I LOVE THE RESULTS - it was worth the hour!


No comments:

Post a Comment