seeing the world as poki sees it!

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Zilker Botanical Gardens

Mike and poki went to Austin to the Zilker Botanical Gardens on Saturday, May 23 - we couldn't stay long, left just ahead of a torrential rain storm. We got stuck on MoPac behind some crazy drivers who thought it was just OK to stop under the bridge at 183 - all 3 lanes were stopped dead still, which would have been ok I guess if Mike's car had been under the bridge during the hail storm, but it WASN'T. Fortunately, the hail wasn't large, and didn't last long. It was a little frustrating!!!! But... back to pictures.

Some of my BEST work I think was some of the FIRST photos I took, at the waterlily pond in the parking lot!


This dragonfly sat on this waterlily for the longest time - I got quite a few shots. I am amazed at the clarity - I know you won't be able to tell here, but when I zoom in on the photo, the detail in the dragonflies body and wings is amazing! I was probably about 4 - 5 feet away from the flower (it was in the middle of the pond!)

No comments:

Post a Comment