seeing the world as poki sees it!

Thursday, September 2, 2010

I can't believe that summer is almost over!

I have been so busy since returning from our trip to Denver in June!  I've just started working on my hybrid projects for Christmas present in 2010.  Over the past weekend, I was able to almost complete two calendars.  One uses some of the specimin photos from my Colors of Wild book - all Texas wildflowers photographed in 2010 - and the other uses photos from the Denver Botanic Gardens - all taken on June 1, 2010.  The Colors of Wild calendar was readied for print today, but I won't print it yet!  I'll be back at the DBG pages soon!

Here are the pages to my Colors of Wild calendar.  CREDIT: Helly Apologize (http://designsbyhelly.blogspot.com/) but poki colorized it with an extra layer under it to create the color.  I can't give credit for the frame, since I'm not sure where it came from. Calendar dates and photos all done by poki.





Denver Botanic Gardens Calendar

Credits:  Helly Apologize (http://designsbyhelly.blogspot.com/) but poki colorized it with an extra layer under it to create the color. Frame - Joni Gray DSO color challenge Sept 09 (http://jonigray.blogspot.com/) Joni I'm sure will discover that I flipped her frame, but I love it for its elegance and simplicity!  Joni is one of my favorite designers, she just isn't doing much these days due to illness.  I miss seeing new stuff from her, but she is back to the DSO Color Challenge in 2010 after a short absence for treatment.  My best wishes to her in her recovery!





If you don't expect to be on poki's Christmas list, but would like to purchase one of her hybrid calendars, please contact her at psawyer04@gmail.com to receive a price quote and estimated delivery time! (in time for Christmas giving, if that's what you want!)

3 comments:

  1. Dear Poki,
    Thank you so much for your sweet words.
    My computer time is still limited, but I will try to make something for the DSO CC every month, (I just love that challenge)
    Love the way you used the frame, your calander looks great with beautiful photos.
    hugs Joni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Poki
    Thank you for your sweet words,your calendar is beautiful. I love how you used my frame.
    My computer time is still limited but the colour challenge at DSO is my favorite challenge so thats on my monthly to do list.
    hugs Joni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for the delay - I didn't check my email acct until Sept 5 - and all comments are moderated!

    ReplyDelete