seeing the world as poki sees it!

Monday, September 27, 2010

We're home ...

Mike and poki spent the weekend in San Antonio to celebrate Mike's birthday!  We did some of our favorite things:

1) dinner at Joe's Crab Shack on the Riverwalk
2) jazz on the patio at The Landing - both Friday night and Saturday night WOW!
3) Sea World !!!! Lots of pictures, but boy, was it HOT on Saturday!
4) supper at Schilo's Deli on Commerce Street.  I had a cask brewed Root Beer that was fabulous!!!!!
5) and finally two hours at the San Antonio Botanic Gardens:

When we visited the water lily garden in the Conservatory, there weren't many waterlilies blooming, but the place was just swarming with dragonflies, all shapes and sizes!  One of the big guys got flipped over in the water, and he struggled for quite a while trying to get himself turned back over.  I have his picture (one of the few that I have edited already!)  The ripples were caused by his struggle to fly out of the water!  He finally did get out after "rowing" himself over to the edge of the pool.  If I could have gotten close enough I would have helped him, but there was no way to get there ...


Almost immediately after entering the gardens, this monarch rewarded me with a "pose" - this was much FIRST and best shot of him!


Not much time to play with photos until later in the week - I have my monthly Christmas Card Club on Wednesday evening, and I'm not quite ready (samples are done, but not the kits!)  Have to concentrate on that on Tuesday afternoon!

I'm heading out for another trip on October 9 - to visit my Godmother/my Aunt Edith and Uncle Chuck at their new home in Northwest Arkansas!  I hope going to the Ozarks will reward me with some great photos!





No comments:

Post a Comment