seeing the world as poki sees it!

Saturday, September 4, 2010

I took the hint!

My mother reminded me TWICE this week, that her 2010 frame calendar did not have a December page!  (I usually wait for Christmas pictures from the previous year, and add a page for the next year - I just waited longer this year than usual)  I was awake during the night - as has become my habit in recent weeks - so I did a layout which I will print BEFORE I go to her house on Tuesday so that she can quit reminding me!

Mike took this picture of our family on Christmas Eve 2009 at Mom's house.  Initially the color of the photo was somewhat yellow, but I was able to brighten it up and correct the color pretty well this morning.  I warned everyone that I wanted to take "official" photos - and everyone cleaned up really well.  We were nicely color coordinated for the photo op.

CREDITS:  Background paper - http://www.barbislostandfound.blogspot.com/, from DSO Color Challenge Aug 2008; Bow http://www.justanotherscrap.wordpress.com/ from Gingerbread Christmas collaboative kit.  WordArt - unknown source, no TOU in my digital collection for this one, but thought it was perfect.
I created the calendar with scan of Excel file, created a mask to create a transparent background (that's one of my favorite new tricks I've been working with in PSP8 while I wait for PSPx2 to arrive for my Desktop computer (DT)  It's on order from Amazon - and in the mail!  (somewhere) 

No comments:

Post a Comment