seeing the world as poki sees it!

Thursday, November 4, 2010

My DSDI Challenges

As it turns out, it is easier to load my challenges directly from the Forum, so here goes ...

OCTOBER CHALLENGES:

Rockin' Around the Clock - this is a progressive scrap, over a series of days we get all the instructions (I just wait til I have them all to start)
1. Choose 6 papers... at least 3 patterned papers, and at least one solid paper. Stack one patterned paper and one solid paper. Make the solid paper smaller, so that the patterned paper makes a border around the page. The remaining papers will be used in a later step.
2. Make 2 circles and 3 paper strips with the various other papers. and arrange them in the center of your page in the top half of the page.
3. Choose three pictures and arrange them in a row on top of the paper strips and circles, leaving some of the paper showing under the photos.
4. Add journaling to to the bottom half of the page, filling up at least half of the area below the photos.
5. Add Title using an Alpha, close to the photos.
6. Add Embellishments and shadows, and upload to RAC Gallery… Be sure and post back here for your points!

Here's my layout! - the first one I did at DSDI


DIGITAL CREDITS:  ADSDesigners Cornucopia of Colors collaboration : The Scrappin Cop; Nancy at Scrappy Cats Designs; Heavenly Crafts; Kelly at Late Night Scraps; Cjoz (alpha - recolored); other elements City Scribe Scraps.  Font:  Tabitha

Spice it Up - elements challenge.  A celebration of the change of season, using Fall elements.  I actually created my layout for DSO challenge, but repeated it here because I liked it so much!



DIGITAL CREDITS:  ADSDesigners Cornucopia of Colors collaboration:  Scrappy Cats, The Scrappin Cop, City Scribe Scraps; also Joni Gray "Sunset", Deanna Jones flowerscraps (wordart - I just love that song!), Dinphy Outdoor Pleasures PHOTO: NW Arkansas, Oct 2010

What's Cookin' Good Lookin'? A "recipe" page  October recipe:  2 solid papers, 2 patterned papers, 4 flowers, 1 string, 1 stitching, 2 buttons, 3 photos.



DIGITAL CREDITS:  ADSDesigners Cornucopia of Colors collaboration - The Scrappin Cop, Melanie at By God's Design, Creations by Rachel, City Scribe Scraps, also Milly Dee Designs.

I'm going to have to go back and ADD A TITLE!  Trio of Queens! PHOTO at Christ Episcopal Church in downtown Temple, October 3, 2010

Off the Line , Quote Challenge:  Once in a young lifetime one should be allowed to have as much sweetness as one can possibly want and hold.  Most artists did Halloween, but I immediately thought of these pictures of Blake's first birthday, and his FIRST TASTE of cake.  He had his mouth and hands full.



DIGITAL CREDITS:  Austin Memory Scrapper Fall Splendor (I wonder who it is!!!!); Rhondagg Birthday Bash; Collab Girls Creations Birthday Party.  PHOTO March 3, 2007 in Kyle (No camera mishaps at this birthday only 2006 and 2010)

Go for the Pinks ( or Blues or) color challenge - Fall colors



DIGITAL CREDITS:  Chickie DSDI Oct CC (freebie paper); Kimberly Cameron Fabric Overlay (My absolute FAVORITE overlay, I've used it a lot!!!); Cluster parts: Heavenly Crafts Whispers of Fall, J Carson Autumn Mix Florals; Font: Scribble PHOTO: NW Arkansas Oct 2010

Alphabet Soup - Letter J.  I used the DSDI Collaboration Courage charity kit, proceeds going to Breast Cancer Research.  Julie was a beautiful bride!  My ALL TIME favorite "people picture!" October 21, 2002 in Morgan's Point Resort at neighbor's garden around the corner from me!


DIGITAL CREDITS:  DSDI collaboration Courage

Altered Art:  Two options:  1. Use Halloween themed kit or 2. Something scary to you!  I opted for the 2 option ... something scary!
'
DIGITAL CREDITS:  GingerScraps Jack-o-lantern alpha (I love the old text); Desert Designs Happy Halloween; Deanna Jones flowerscraps overlay; Fonts-Technoheavy, Scribbles.  PHOTO NW Arkansas 10.10.10

Cover Tunes - scrap lift




DIGITAL CREDITS:  Fall Splendor collaboration - Linda at Bon Scrapatit, Kari at Relocated Dixie Girl.  PHOTO:  JJ & Emily's wedding 11.15.2008.  I really love the family picture, showing "Two families shall become one" as well!

Made in the Shade - template challenge ( and it was a challenge because I adhered strictly to the template, and then looked at the gallery, and the other artists ... not so much! :>( 



DIGITAL CREDITS:  J Carson Autumn Mix freebies, Creation by Rachel Cornucopia of Colors ADSDesigners collaboration

The Works - use Mini kit provided



DIGITAL CREDITS:  The Works Mini by Janet B; FONTS - Times New Roman, Signature
This is an old picture of Mom at Julie's baby shower 1.15.2006 before Blake was born.  I need to get a new one since she doesn't wear glasses anymore since here cataract surgery in 2008!!!

Blast from the Past - old picture (mine's 2008, that's old right?) I was surprised to find that this layout was chosen as PICTURE OF THE DAY for October 31.  I received a great compliment from one of the Pink Ladies at DSDI (the professional designers)



DIGITAL CREDITS:  Linda at Bon Scrapatit Fall Splendor; RR Harvest Blessings (clusters); Word Art - MINE!  I did it!!!

Get With It - desktop challenge.  I started a calendar for my desktop in 2011.  Hopefully I won't be hunting for a calendar when I get this completed!



DIGITAL CREDITS:  DSO Color challenge Aug 2008 Kim Fried Green Tomatoes; Digimom Summer Blues;  Bunny Cates (bead); also Joni Gray The Lakehouse; calendar -  made by ME!  (one of my first projects I did when I learned how to split RGB and create a mask!!!) PHOTO - Cape Hatteras Lighthouse, 5.12.2009

Picture This - Halloween layout

DIGITAL CREDITS:  Marbie Stone, Jen Yruko Patch Queen










No comments:

Post a Comment