seeing the world as poki sees it!

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Melly Scraps THIS IS ME

In my role as PAPER SHAKER at DSDI forum, I pick two PINK LADIES (that's the designers at the DSDI store) to work with each month, plus I also work with the DSDI Collaboration each month.  I am compensated for my effort with the kit I am promoting! 

My first PINK LADY for March is Melly Scraps.  I chose her kit THIS IS ME and was I ever amazed at what I saw when the kit arrived in my IN-BOX!  WOW!
My thoughts went immediately to a scrapbook that has been "living in my head" (nothing on paper) for a long time.  My project is called THIS IS TEXAS and here are the results, completed last night:


I love the bead scatter and the beaded brackets... just had to use them!  The copper tile alpha is just TOO COOL and had to go into the layout also!  I'm particularly fond of BLENDED PHOTOS (since I learned how to do it at the end of January!) so I blended in the photo of the gorgeous copper windmill on Wheat Rd in Belton.  Mike and I have been back several times to photograph this windmill ... it is so TEXAS!!!  The photo and copper tiles will probably end up on the cover of my THIS IS TEXAS book, if it ever come "outside my head" 

If you have any ideas about photos that might help me show the ICONS of TEXAS just let me know .. share  a comment on this post.  I have quite a few ideas, and lots of photos already! 

No comments:

Post a Comment